Wednesday, September 9, 2026

Petit Progress

Sept 25th, 2026

Un peu plus de progrès...

That ceiling is a bugger.



Sept 9, 2026

Starting to block things in. Some paintings I begin by working the entire surface of the canvas, or at least large sections of it. Usually, that's for more 'imaginative' work. 

Others, I proceed more or less left to right, favouring the top over the bottom. This is definitely one of the latter. 

Linear technique for a straightforward subject, I suppose.

....................................

I think I've still got a couple paintings of Paris left in me, so here I am trying to draw out the interior of the Petit Palais. Gosh this thing's complicated: lots of double and triple curves, all receding with perspective. Ack.


There's a studio shot, too, with some of the pieces I'm prepping with gesso. One for one more Paris view, and two others, one circular, one rectangular, for two portraits.








No comments:

Post a Comment